MARCO POLO SALAD
- 1 lb cooked spaghetti
- 3/4 cup good olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground fresh pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 lb Jarlsberg cheese, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow orange or green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- salt and pepper to taste
Place cooled,cooked spaghetti in a large bowl. Toss with olive oil, vinegar, parsley and spices. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Chill thoroughly. Add salt and pepper at serving time.
NOTES: Dianne says to double the dressing. Use second half just before serving, because the pasta absorbs the first half totally, and she found it too dry.
Recipe by : Diane V
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!