SWEET POTATO STEW
- 5 cups Fresh spinach, or kale or Swiss chard
- - (lightly packed and to torn into small pieces)
- 2 medium large sweet potatoes peeled and cut in 1″cubes
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 3 onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery ribs,sliced
- 8 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 1/2 cups chopped canned tomatoes (Use large can) — with juice
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- dash cayenne and salt and pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a large stockpot over medium heat, add onions, garlic and celery, and saute stirring often for 10 min. Stir in all the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the greens.
Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and continue stirring occasionally for 45 min, or until the potatoes are tender.
Remove 2 cups of the soup and puree it, then return it to the pot.
Stir in the spinach, or other greens, and cook about 5 min. until the greens are tender.
Recipe By: Joyce
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!