- 2 & 1/2 cups peeled and chopped fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped pickled ginger
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
In a medium stainless steel, enamel , or nonstick saucepan combine peaches, brown sugar, vinegar, raisins, red onion, pickled ginger, chili powder and curry powder. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered about 45 minutes or until thickened. Stir frequently. remove from heat: cool or 1-2 hours. Transfer to storage container and chill overnight.
Note: I love this relish. (I love condiments anyway.) It will thicken as it cools and then chills. Use with brie cheese, or as a condiment for chicken or pork. I bought a box of peaches at Costco. The peaches don’t have to be perfection to use in this recipe.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!