LETTUCE WRAPS for GIRLS NIGHT
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 Tablespoons grated peeled fresh gingerroot
- 4 Tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 4 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper, less or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 1/2 Cups grated carrots
- 1 Cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1 Cup snow pea pods, fresh, cut lengthwise into strips
- 1/2 Cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 Cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 12 leaves Bibb lettuce
Brown, but not crisp brown, the turkey with the ginger in a large wok or skillet.
Combine teriyaki sauce, rice vinegar, honey, red pepper, and cornstarch in a small bowl: stir with a whisk. Add teriyaki mixture to turky mixture in wok: stir in carrots, bean sprouts, snow peas and onions. Cook 3 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly, stirring often. Stir in Almonds.
Spoon mixture into a bowl; surround with Bibb lettuce leaves. Or spoon about 1/4 cup or less of the mixture in each lettuce leaf and roll up. Place on platter.
NOTES : You can vary this recipe by using Chicken Breast halves–sliced. Serve with rice and it could be an entree. Also the almonds are optional, as are most of the other ingredients.
I prepared this recipe for a gathering at LuAnne’s house with Ceci and Deb…the 4 of us were in Bali together and had a great time reminiscing.
Recipe By : Dianne Holland
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!