LEMON DILL SHRIMP with GRECIAN ORZO SALAD
Serves : 4 Preparation Time : 30 minutes
- For the Vinaigrette
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- For the Salad
- 16 Jumbo shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 2 oz feta cheese
- 3/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives, quartered
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions, including tender green parts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 4 METAL SKEWERS, or bamboo skewers soaked in water for at least 30 minutes.
To make the vinaigrette : In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, dill, garlic, salt and pepper. Place the shrimp in a medium bowl. Pour 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette over the shrimp and toss to coat thoroughly. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
Bring a medium saucepan 3/4 full of salted water to the boil. Add the Orzo pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and place in a bowl. Add the remaining vinaigrette and the feta cheese and toss well. Add the bell pepper, kalamata olives, scallions and oregano. Toss again.
Thread shrimp onto skewers. Place the shrimp directly over high heat and grill, turning once, until just opaque inside with lightly browned edges, 4-5 minutes total.
Serve the shrimp immediately with the pasta.
NOTES : This is a fun recipe. You can change the seafood, (I used both shrimp and scallops), and change the cheese in the salad to suit your taste. Be generous with the herbs, salt and pepper. Prep all the ingredients early in the day, so all you have to do is throw the past salad together and then cook the seafood. The hot pasta kind of melts the cheese. You could even do this recipe with grilled chicken
Suggested Wine : A fresh crisp Pino Grisio compliments this meal.
Recipe by : Weber Grill
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!