CARROT CAKE for “SKINS”
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 2/3 teaspoon Baking powder
- 2/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup crushed pineapple, with a little juice
- 3/4 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 oz butter, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup confectioners sugar, sifted
For the cake: Sift together the first 5 ingredients into a small bowl. In another bowl, mix together, the sugar, oil and eggs. Add the flour mixture, stir. Stir in the pineapple, carrot and nuts.
Bake 45 min in a greased 9 x12 pan at 325 degrees.
For the frosting: Mix together the cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and sugar. Beat until smooth. Frost the cooled cake. Pig Out!!!
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - -
NOTES : My niece, Allyn gave me this recipe a long time ago. I throw in a handful of raisins along with the nuts, etc. She used to call me, “Skins”, as a short cut to “skinny Aunt Linnie”. For an alternative topping click LEMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
Recipe By : Allyn
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!