WHEAT GERM ZUCCHINI BREAD
Serving : makes 2 loaves
- 2 cups Zucchini, coursely chopped (about 4 medium zucchini)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup salad oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar, can use 3/4 cup
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed, can use 3/4 cup
- 3 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds, can use 1/3 cup
With a rotary mixer, beat the eggs to blend, add oil, sugar and maple flavoring and continue beating until mixture is thick and foamy. Using a spoon stir in zucchini. Combine the flour, wheat germ, soda, salt, baking powder and nuts. Stir gently in zucchini and mix until blended.
Divide the batter equally between 2 greased and floured 5.9 inch loaf pans.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds over tops of each loaf.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until wood pick comes out clean.
Cool in pan for 10minutes
Turn out onto wire racks to cool.
NOTES: Genie had a luncheon for me a couple of years ago at her house on Lower Long Lake. It was a beautiful spring day and we ate outside on the patio. The garden and lake made a quite lovely setting. She served this bread along with a salad. Everything was tasty. Diane Vandevelde, Barb Perry and Valerie Manaia were the other guests.
Recipe By : Genie Lanthorne
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!