Serves : 8
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 large eggplants, cut into julienne
- 2 cloves of garlic (or more to taste), sliced
- tomato sliced into rounds
- zucchini same amount as tomato, also sliced into rounds
- olive oil
- fresh thyme
- fresh rosemary (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat oven to 375 degrees.
In a saucepan with olive oil, cook the sliced onions, eggplant, and garlic until the onions are translucent and golden, but not brown. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer this mixture to a baking dish and spread it evenly across the bottom.
Arrange the slices of tomato and zucchini in alternating rows to cover the onion mixture completely. Drizzle a little olive oil over the tomatoes and zucchini, and place sprigs of fresh thyme and or rosemary on top.
Add salt and pepper as you wish.
Bake for 1 hour or more. If you want to, at the last minute grill (broil) the dish as it gives the veggies a nice finishing touch.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!