PASTA WITH FRESH SAUCE
Serves : 1 Preparation Time : 20 minutes
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes halved or Roma tomatoes cubed
- 1 head roasted garlic
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup calamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup basil, cut into thin slivers
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh mozzarella, as much as you like, cubed
- fresh parmesan for garnish
Cut the garlic head in half (across) and squeeze the pulp out. The cloves should ooze out easily. Combine all the rest of the ingredients with the garlic in a glass bowl and let it sit at room temperature while you boil the pasta of your choice. We like bow ties. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water to use if pasta nee Quickly drain the past and toss in the sauce. Grate fresh Parmesan on top.
Serving Suggestion : We serve this with crusts of bread and a green salad
NOTES: Be creative with this recipe. Change the cheese to smoked Gouda or whatever. You can add hot pepper flakes for more punch. All the quantities can be to your taste.
Recipe By : Linda McBride
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!