ORANGE FETA SALAD
- 2 quarts salad mix, designer greens, chilled and clean
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chilled and clean
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 orange, segmented
- 1/4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fines herbs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice or water
- 1/3 cup good quality olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red onion, sliced for garnish
Early in the day wash greens and chill
Make the dressing: Use a jar you can shake or a bowl and whisk. First pour in the vinegar and add the spices and mustard, shake or whisk until well blended. Add the oil slowly whisking or all at once if you are using a jar. Taste and adjust seasoning.
To assemble : Mix romaine and greens together in a large salad bowl. Arrange orange slices on the greens. Sprinkle with the toasted almonds. Toss with the dressing, and top with the onion slices.
NOTES : The orange will have accumulated a lot of juice, use some for the salad dressing and also you can use more of the juice when you dress the salad. Assemble the salad at the last minute. I used a French feta, which is less salty and milder.
Recipe by : Linda
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!