Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time : 45 minutes
- 2 hot house cucumbers halved and seeded, not peeled
- 3 red bell peppers , cored and seeded
- 8 plum tomatoes
- 2 red onions
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 46 oz tomato juice
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup good olive oil, (not that much)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper, freshly ground
Roughly chop the cucumbers, bell peppers, tomatoes, and red onion into 1 inch cubes. Put each vegetable separately into a food processor fitted with a steel blade and pulse until it is coarsely chopped . Do not over process!!!!
After each vegetable is processed, combine them in a large bowl and add the garlic, tomato juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix well and chill before serving. The longer gazpacho sits, the more the flavors develop.
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - -
NOTES : Try Parmesan Croutons on top. Garnish with chopped avocado and sour cream or yogurt. Pass some hot pepper sauce.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!