BROILED SHRIMP IN OLIVE OIL AND SEASONINGS
- 2 pounds SHRIMP, (the larger the better)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fine fresh bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed oregano
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Preheat broiler to high.
Split the shrimp down the back side. Rinse and pat dry. Or, peel them but leave the last tail segment intact. Rinse and drain well.
Add the remaining ingredients to the shrimp and toss to coat evenly and well.
Line a baking dish with foil and arrange the shrimp over it.
Place the shrimp under the broiler about three to four inches from the source of heat. Broil 5 to 6 minutes. It is not necessary to turn the shrimp as they cook. Baste the shrimp and serve hot with curried sweet peppers and rice.
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - -
NOTES : Quick and easy. Don’t over cook. If you double the recipe, go easy on the olive oil. Serve as an appetizer with chunks of French bread to dip in the juices.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!