BLACK BEAN AND MANGO SALSA
- 1 1/2 Ripe Mango, peeled and diced
- 1 cup Canned Black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 Red Bell pepper, diced
- 1 Jalepeno
- 2 Scallions, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Cider Vinigar
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- pinch Cayenne Pepper
Combine all ingredients
Can be refrigerated up to 6 hours
Serve Chilled or at room temperature
Notes : Use this salsa as an appetizer served with tortilla chips or toasted pitta bread, OR as a condiemetn with fish, pork or chicken.
Marty and Bino served this salsa as an appetizer summer 2001. I’m serving it this evening as a condiment to grilled Game Hens. We’ll also serve coconut rice, baked butternut squash and salad. I never count the condiment as a “dish” – a lot of people aren’t even willing to taste fruit salsas as an accompaniment to the entree.
Recipe by : Marty
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!