Preparation Time : 30 minutes
- 1 POUND FRESH BASIL LEAVES
- 1 CUP CHOPPED FRESH PARSLEY
- 3/4 CUP EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 1/2 CUP WALNUT PIECES
- 1/4 CUP NUTRITIONAL YEAST FLAKES (from health food stores)
- 5 CLOVES PEELED GARLIC, OR MORE
- 1/4 CUP LEMON JUICE
- 1 TEASPOON SEA SALT, TO YOUR TASTE
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT basil and parsley in the food processor and process until smooth. Stop and scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula at least once.
- Remove stems from the basil .. Add the basil leaves one handful at a time processing in between handfuls just long enough to roughly chop the leaves and make room for more.
- When all leaves are in, process everything until smooth …about 1 minute.
- Serve or chill immediately.
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - -
NOTES : Wow, the serving possibilities for this pesto are extensive…on pasta, as dip for crackers or bread, or as a condiment for fish. The bright green color is absolutely inviting and no one believes there is no dairy in this recipe. Thank you Jen !!!
Recipe By : JENNIFER LYNN
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!