- 4 Bacon slices
- 1 onion, large
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 bottle chili sauce – Heinz
- 2 jars B&M Baked beans
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 1 can baby Lima beans, drained
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, or more to taste
Fry the bacon until crisp. Drain the bacon but save enough grease in the pan to saute the onion and peppers which have been roughly chopped. Saute until just barely cooked. Add chili sauce, about 2 tablespoons of mustard and about 1/4 cup brown sugar. Stir and taste. If its too sweet, add more mustard. Or, if it needs to be sweeter, add more brown sugar. Add all the beans. Stir and taste again. Simmer for 5 minutes. Pour into a baking pan. Lay bacon on top of beans and bake at 350 degress for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, uncovered.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!